Actor Jonathan MajorsThe alleged victim was granted a temporary order of protection Thursday ahead of a May 9 court date. Majors have been accused of assault and harassment, but have since His arrest last month He claimed to have been assaulted.
“This is standard in cases like this, and we agreed because Mr. Majors wanted nothing to do with the woman he assaulted,” Majors’ attorney said in a statement to CBS News. with the District Attorney.
The order of protection means Major or his alleged victim cannot legally have any direct or third-party contact. It will remain in effect until the next court date.
Bennett Raglin via Getty Images for BET
Police responded to a New York City apartment on the morning of March 25 and determined in a “preliminary investigation” that there was a “domestic dispute” involving Major and a 30-year-old woman, whose name has not been released. Police said the woman was taken to hospital with minor head and neck injuries.
The “Creed III” star was arrested and taken into custody on suspicion of strangulation, assault and harassment. During his arraignment the following day he was charged with assault and aggravated harassment.
Earlier this month, Major was reportedly dropped from his talent manager, Entertainment 360, following the allegations and subsequent arrest, according to Deadline. PR agency The Led Company has also reportedly initiated a “break” with the actor, Deadline said.
Thanks for reading CBS News.
Create your free account or login
For more features.