HOWLAND — The Trumbull County Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) team has been called to the Phantom Fireworks plant on Larchmont Avenue NE, Howland, after the building was evacuated because of the small of possible gas inside the building.
According to the Trumbull County 911, the call came from the front gate shortly after noon after a 35-year-old man had passed out, claiming he didn’t feel right. The man was on the ground getting first aid after regaining consciousness, the report states. He was taken to St. Joseph Warren Hospital to be checked out.
Dominion East Ohio Gas officials arrived on the scene about 12:30 p.m. and they advised the company officials it was not a natural gas leak.
The building was evacuated with everyone accounted for by 12:30 p.m. the report states.
More details are forthcoming.
Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox