UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to email@example.com.
YOUTH COVID-19 VACCINE DAY: The Warren City Health District is offering a Youth COVID-19 Vaccine Day for ages 5 to 18 with a limited supply of $100 gift cards. Youth vaccines are available without an appointment from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. For more information, call 330-841-2596.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
ADVANCEMENTS IN ALZHEIMER’S FIELD: On Feb. 24, Dr. Rebecca M. Edelmayer, senior director of scientific engagement for the Alzheimer’s Association, will lead a panel of researchers to discuss the latest advancements in the Alzheimer’s field at a webinar sponsored by the Alzheimer’s Association called, “The Future of Alzheimer’s Research and Treatments.” The free public event, from 5 to 6:30 p.m., will include a Q&A session. The public can pre-register at alz.org/R10Future to receive the Zoom link to join the event.
Other panelists are: Jagan Pillai, M.D., Ph.D., neurologist at the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Cleveland Clinic and associate professor of neurology at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Bruno Giordani, Ph.D., senior director of the Mary A. Rackham institute at the University of Michigan Rackham Graduate School and associate director of the Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center; Marc W. Haut, Ph.D., ABPP, professor and director of the Memory Health Clinic at the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute at West Virginia University.
Visit alz.org or call 800-272-3900.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The City of Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email Theresa Scirocco at tscirocco@thecity ofniles.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members, 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a mat;
• Spinning class, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall’s hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. Screenings and programs are open to the public. Some classes are by registration only due to social-distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver and Fit, and Renew Active site.
For more information, call 330-652-7542.
Weekly exercise classes include: Cardio Jam; SilverSneakers Cardio class; Silver Sneakers Classic; easy yoga classes; chair yoga; Parkinson’s and movement disorder exercise class; Zumba classes; beginning balance class; advance balance; 60-up balance class; cardio combo class.
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday;
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays by appointment only;
• Cardio Combo with Terri Dean, 3:15 p.m. Mondays. Call to register;
• Talk With a Doc, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, “Headaches and GERD” with Dr. Stephen Pupillo. Call to register, 330-652-7542. Lunch $2;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography, Thursday. The bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking area by Target. Mercy Health Mobile Mammography offers women screening mammograms in 15 minutes. Also available is 3D mammography. This screening is covered by most health plans. Call 330-652-7542 to schedule a visit.
• Free Peripheral Vascular Disease Screening, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. By appointment.
• Free notary public service and free-living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 24.
NAR-ANON MEETS: Nar-anon, a 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by loved ones and friends, meets 7 p.m. Fridays at the Rust City Church, 5555 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles.
For more information, contact Merle at 330-307-7607.
ADDICTION HELP: The Trumbull County Combined Health District urges residents to help slow the increase of overdoses in the community by taking advantage of free Narcan through the Trumbull County Combined Health District.
Narcan quickly reverses the effects of opioids such as heroin and fentanyl, and anyone can be trained by one of the District’s to administer the life-saving medication and receive a free kit containing two doses.
For a kit or more information, call the Trumbull County Combined Health District at 330-675-2590, Ext 3.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan. Help is available 24/7 at the helpline, 800-272-3900.
WATER BOTTLE FITNESS: SCOPE Senior Services now offers a free Water Bottle Fitness class with Jim Marlowe 1 to 2 p.m. every Wednesday at the YWCA building, 375 North Park Ave., Warren. Call 330-399-8846 to reserve your seat in the class.
Whether a senior needs rehab or balance training, this class will be quite helpful. Call 330-399-8846 for more details.
Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox